An industry briefing
Who: Gingway Products,
Tim Gingerich, president
What: The company provides a line of asphalt melting products and sealcoat squeegee/brush boxes used in the repair and maintenance of asphalt pavement.
• MA10 Wheeled Melter — this portable melter/applicator is designed for hot crack sealants. Also, can apply materials from stationary kettles or any large melter. Can be used without heat for cold pour materials. Capable of melting and applying 600 lbs. of sealant per day.
• 10 Gallon Mini Melter — an economical solution for smaller jobs. It can provide hot material in 20 minutes or less. It is the stationary version of the MA10 wheeled unit. Both inner and outer tanks are built of heavy 14 ga. steel. Equipped with 50,000 BTU burner, 10’ hose regulator, striker, and draw-off valve.
• 30 Gallon Flex Kettle — can provide hot material in 30 minutes or less. Standard features include temperature guage with guard, built in hand agitator, lifting handles, and hinged lid. Capable of melting and applying up to 1200 lbs. of sealant per day.
• 55 Gallon Flex Kettle — can provide hot material in 30 minutes or less. Constructed 14 ga. steel. Standard features include temperature guage with guard, built in hand agitator, lifting handles, and hinged lid. Comes with a 50,000 BTU burner, 10’ hose, regulator, striker, and draw-off valve. Capable of melting up to 1800 lbs. of sealant per day.
• 40” Brush Box — 16 ga., 59 pound, steel box with hinged lid. Adjustable holder accommodates brush/squeegee handles. Holds brushes two-inches from bottom. Adjustable holder for handles. One-inch NPT drain with mounting angles to secure box. The brush box is designed to eliminate the worry about cleaning a squeegee or brush after each use. Filled with water, brushes can be stored inside so they don’t dry out. Whenever the tool is used—either from spreading liquid crackfiller or using sealer while cutting in edges or manually sealcoating—it can be returned to the brush box to rinse and soak.
• 52” Brush Box — measuring 52-inches long by 11-inches deep by 16-inches tall. The 16 ga., 73 pound metal box with hinged lid uses 3/4 X 9 ga. expanded metal to hold approximately a dozen brushes 2-inches up from bottom. Adjustable holder for handles. One-inch NPT drain with mounting angles to secure box.
• Gingway Pour Pot — designed to distribute asphalt crack filler material with the fingertip control valve. The two-gallon pour pot is constructed from 18 ga. steel, and measures 71/2-inch diameter by 26-inches tall.
When: Gingway Products was founded by the late Joe Gingerich in 1966 with the philosophy of always trying to treat the customers as he wanted to be treated. Starting in a small shop 40’ X 60,’ which is still part of the facility today, he began with a few pieces of equipment, and grew the business by adding equipment and buildings to the currently more than 30,000 sq. ft under roof. Gingway Products is family owned and is starting to see a third generation working among the 20-some employees at the company.
Where: All products are designed and manufactured in the company’s one location, Plain City, Ohio., where the company is headquartered. Less than two percent of its products are not manufactured by the company. Located at 9900 Plain City-Georgesville Road NE in Plain City, the company can also be found online at www.gingway.com.
The company’s primary market for its asphalt melting products is the North American asphalt paving industry, but they have shipped products to Italy, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico.
Why: “We believe that our products are built with high quality at a fair price, providing reliability and a highly competitive solution,” stated Tim Gingerich. “The Gingerich family and all who work at the company feel blessed to have served the market for more than 50 years!