From asphalt and chip spreaders to storage tanks and trailers … Etnrye has it
By Jeff Winke
ED Etnyre & Co. manufactures a wide range of equipment serving the asphalt road construction industry, from asphalt spreaders to chip spreaders and storage tanks to trailers. Since 1898 when Edward D. Etnyre designed and crafted the first products, the standard for performance and reliability was set, and paved the way for customer success. That success is a result of the way each product is built and customers receive unparalleled support, from product selection to parts and service.
Etnyre continues to offer its commitment to the marketplace. Their products combine more than 100 years of experience with the latest technological advances to provide customers with maximum performance and reliability. They pride themselves on building equipment that contributes to the quality of the world’s roads and benefits everyone who travels on them.
Etnyre products include chip spreaders.
Many of the United States’ roadways are paved and sealed through what is known as the chip and seal method. This pavement surface treatment combines one or more layers of asphalt with several layers of fine aggregate. While many contractors consider this paving method to offer unique benefits over other paving standards, chip seal requires specialized equipment and machinery.
Chip sealing has many benefits that contractors, landowners, businesses, and municipalities look to take advantage of. Not only is chip sealing effective for protecting and repairing roadways, but it’s more affordable to implement.
- Longevity – Vehicles, weather and chemicals quickly take their toll on the roadways you travel. Thankfully, pavement treatment methods such as chip and seal can significantly increase any road or lot’s lifespan. Sometimes, chip sealing can extend pavement life by as much as 12 years.
- Affordability – As a contractor looking to offer chip seal services, you can set lower prices when compared to other paving competitors. While the initial investment into chip seal equipment is worth considering, the material and labor used for the process are minimal and straightforward. In the long-term, your clients and business significantly save through chip and seal.
- Safety – The qualities of a chip-sealed surface offer some extra protection for drivers versus other pavement options. For example, chip-sealed pavement is skid-resistant, meaning it can reduce accidents in various weather conditions. Furthermore, chip seal surfaces are anti-glare, which reduces the eyestrain for drivers on bright or sunny days.
Etnyre offers asphalt distributors as an essential part of road paving for road maintenance crews. Asphalt distributors are designed to spray between 1,000 and 4,500 gallons of liquid asphalt onto any roadway or lot surface. Contractors may use asphalt distributors when managing sealcoating, chip sealing, emulsion spraying, and various other applications. With Etnyre’s Black-Topper® asphalt distributors, there is a commitment to quality.
If searching for custom-built road maintenance equipment, Etnyre offers contractors a solution. The Black-Topper® asphalt distributors feature streamlined fabrication which is designed to minimize maintenance while enhancing performance and productivity. Every unit is custom built to order provide the features and output needed to be successful. Some of the best features include:
- One person operation with controls from the truck cab or near the rear of the distributor
- Electronic asphalt pump speed controls designed for more precise control
- Custom tank sizes, with capacity options between 1,000 and 4,500 gallons
- Full circulating 12-foot spray bar with folding wings, electric-hydraulic shifting
- Balanced, dual-feed designed to provide asphalt flow for uniform application across the full bar
- Meets all federal regulations for hot products
Etnyre crack sealers are designed to be one of the most efficient crack sealing machines available today. The speed of the heating and circulation systems results in less crew downtime, higher production and lower cost per shift on each crack sealing job. Some of the best features of our crack sealers include:
- Versatile controls allowing automatic or manual operation
- Two sealant loading doors for easy access
- Enclosed high-pressure diesel-oil burner with automatic ignition
- Closed loop, flow-controlled hot oil heating system
- Environmentally friendly flush-free system
- Sealant tank capacity of either 250 or 400 gallons
Etnyre also offers a range of high-quality, custom lowboy trailers of all types and sizes to meet material transport needs.
Lowboys are unique trailers in that they sit low to the ground. This lower orientation is designed to allow for greater stability, increased weight handling, and flexibility of what can and can’t be transported. Some of the advantages of a lowboy trailer include:
- Stability – Lowboy trailers are only able to transport the loads they can due to their lowered center of gravity.
- Weight Capacity – Lowboys’ low center of gravity also allows the trailer type to transport heavier goods other trailers cannot safely move.
- Flexibility – Many industrial products, vehicles and equipment can’t be transported with standard trailers due to highway height restrictions and underpasses. Again, a lowboy’s closeness to the ground ensures larger equipment is within a reasonable height.
- Customizable – Lowboy trailers can be customized to fit the needs of its owner. Features such as hydraulic goosenecks, extended axles and more increase the overall versatility of lowboy trailers.
- Safe – Every lowboy trailer is built to be durable and long-lasting. The safety of equipment, passengers and other drivers is crucial in the design of lowboys. As such, lowboy trailers are some of the safest and most efficient trailers available.
Asphalt is a crucial component for yearly road repair and upkeep for contractors, paving companies, and public works. And if living in a state with highly trafficked roads or harsh weather patterns, the need for road maintenance is strong!
ED Etnyre & Co. can supply asphalt paving contractors with the tools and equipment they need to transport and apply hot mix asphalt to roadways safely.
For more information please visit www.etnyre.com, send an email at email@example.com or call 815-732-2116.